This visa provides skilled workers nominated by an Australian state or territory government to live and work in Australia.
To be eligible for this visa, you must be invited to apply through the SkillSelect program after you have gathered enough points based on your chosen occupation.
You can be living in or outside of Australia at the time of lodgement.
First, you need to contact the state or territory government agency through which you are seeking the nomination.
Then, you must submit an Expression of Interest (EoI) through SkillSelect.
Your EoI has the details of your nominated profession, skills, and qualification, and your skill will be calculated.
If your score meets the standard requirement, the state or territory government will have the choice to invite you.
And, after your invitation, you must apply for the Skill Nominated visa(subclass 190) within 60 days.
General Eligibility Criteria
To apply for the Skill Nominated Visa (subclass 190), you must have submitted an EoI and be invited by an Australian state or territory government agency.
And, you also must:
- be under 45 at the time of invitation
- score 65 points or more
- have the relevant skill assessment
- choose an occupation on the relevant list of eligible skilled occupants for the 190 Skill Nominated visa
- have competent English
- meet health and character requirements
After you are granted this visa, you will be able to:
- stay in Australia permanently
- work and study in Australia
- enroll in Medicare
- sponsor your relatives to come to Australia
- travel to and from Australia for 5 years
- become an Australian citizen, if eligible
Call Back Request