Creative Educations
Student Visa

Student Visa (Subclass 500)

With the student visa, you will be able to work, study, and stay in Australia for up to 5 years, depending on the length of your course.

Depending on your education provider and country of passport, your application will be processed from either regular category or simplified student visa framework(SSVF).

You may or may not need to provide financial evidence and English language requirement depending on the category your application falls under.

Eligibility Requirement


Applying from outside Australia: Confirmation of Enrolment (CoE) is required for all intended courses

Applying from within Australia: either the Offer Letter or Confirmation of Enrolment (CoE) is required

If you are studying more than 1 course, you must provide CoEs for all the courses you are studying.

Financial Capacity:

You must provide proof of your ability to sustain yourself and any dependents to study and live in Australia for 12 months. That includes your living expenses and tuition fee.

Or you must provide proof that your spouse or parents are willing to support you. And that they have an annual income of at least AUD 60,000 – 70,000, depending on the number of applicants.

Genuine temporary entrant:

You must write a personal statement to show that you want to study in Australia to gain a quality education. Here you must prove your intentions to study in Australia and subsequent return to your home country.

Health, Character, and Insurance:

You must meet all the Australian health requirements before you get your visa. You may need to take a health examination as a part of your visa application process.

You must meet all the character requirements.

Everyone in your visa application must have adequate health insurance covering the duration of your length of stay in Australia. As a student visa applicant, you must be covered by the Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC), unless an exception is made.


Parental consent and welfare arrangements:

If you are under 18 years, and if no one is accompanying you, then both parents must fill and sign the 1229 Consent Form. This form confirms that you have permission to be granted an Australian visa.

You must also provide proof of adequate welfare arrangements in Australia until you turn 18.


Qualification and Employment History

You must provide your educational qualification and past employment history.

The visa applicant must provide his past employment history as well as his educational qualification.

Dependent school enrolment:

If you are a school student but are not participating in a secondary school student exchange program, you must be 6 or older to be eligible for this visa.

You must also be:

  • less than 17 years old when you begin Year 9
  • less than 18 years old when you begin Year 10
  • less than 19 years old when you begin Year 11
  • less than 20 years old when you begin Year 12

English Proficiency:

If you are not exempt, then you must provide proof of your proficiency in the English language. Look at the chart below to check the minimum requirements.

Visa Entitlements

  • You can study registered full-time course(s) in Australia.
  • You can work a specified number of hours (20 hours a week).
  • You can stay in Australia for the duration of your course.


There may be more conditions that you might need to fulfill. The Department of Home Affairs regularly updates the requirements.

Without proper guidance and support, this might be a difficult task to handle. To help you, we have a team of dedicated migration experts who will walk you through the entire visa process.

Use us and our services to your advantage. You can visit us in our office at Suite 104, Level 1, 83 York Street, Town Hall Sydney, Australia

  • Study In Melbourne
  • Study In Sydney
  • Study in Perth
  • Study in Adelaide
  • Study in Brisbane