Temporary Graduate Visa
After you finish your education, as an international student, you can apply for this visa.
With this, you can live and work in Australia for 2-4 years depending on your qualification.
There are 2 streams under this visa.
Graduate Work Stream
If you applied for and were granted your first student visa in Australia before 5 November 2011, you are eligible for this stream, and the length of stay is 18 months.
Post Study Work Stream
You live and work in Australia for 2-4 years with this stream if you applied for and were granted your first student visa in Australia on or after 5 November 2011.
The general eligibility criteria for both streams dictate that you must:
- be under 50 at the time of your application
- hold an eligible visa
- meet the Australian study requirement
- have competent English
- meet the health and character requirements
- have finished your education within the last 6 months
- have adequate health insurance
Graduate stream specific criteria:
In addition to the above criteria, you must:
- have a qualification relevant to an occupation on the skilled occupation list
- prove that you have the skills suitable for your nominated occupation
Post-Study Work stream specific criteria:
And for this stream, you also must:
- have applied for your first student visa on or after November 5, 2011
With the Temporary Graduate visa you can:
- live and work in Australia temporarily
- bring your immediate family members, if applicable